Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Monday, December 26, 2011

My Family Rocks

So, my family gives the Best Gifts In the World. There is so much creativity and genius and inspiration in both my blood family and my family-in-love. We went to my parent's house in Athens on Friday night to celebrate with my parents, brother and his family, sister and her family. It was a blast. First the siblings exchanged gifts. I had made these signs for my brother, sister, and BIL and SIL. I thought they were cool:


But they all blew me away with their gifts. First, my sister in law Katie gave our family two of the Seeds Family Worship CDs- totally awesome :) and a Noah's Ark game/puzzle that rocks. Then my sister Laura gave us a very cool Box of Fun. It has this book "Every Day a Holiday" with literally 365 fun, obscure holidays you can celebrate. She had chosen one obscure holiday a month and stuck the stuff inside to celebrate it. For instance, she gave us a bag of microwave popcorn to celebrate National Popcorn Day in January. How fun is that?!?! I can't wait to dig in and start celebrating.

Then, my Mom busted out with these amazing prints she had painted throughout the year for each grandchild and each family. We knew she was talented but WOW check these out!! What a wonderful gift!


I can't wait to put them up all around the house. She also gave us all a CD of piano music she had played and recorded. Yes, my mom is super talented. She has a degree in piano performance. AND she paints.

On Saturday, we had my family-in-love over for the day. Again, super amazing gifts. My mother in law Naomi and I had been discussing homeschooling lately, and I had told her about some of the things on my Classroom Wishlist. It's a long list, but some of my top ones were a telescope, microscope, and globe. She got us all three!!! Woot!! I cannot wait to look at the stars one clear evening as a family. And investigate something we find in the yard under a microscope. Yes yes yes. Then, my sister in law Shelli had been busy making goats milk soaps and beeswax lip balms that she blessed us all with. I mean these soaps smell SO FRESH and the lip balm is YUMMY. My other sister in law Valerie is exceptionally talented. She keeps the children in cool, funky hats that she crochets. She made me this awesome beanie:


Here it is from the side:


 And she crocheted these slippers. How amazing is she?!?!


Yes, I was born into and married into some pretty amazing families. Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment