Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Monday, December 26, 2011

2012

I love New Year's Resolutions. LOVE. I love getting a fresh start. Improving. Growing. Metamorphosing. And having a definite start. It's promising and hopeful. It's inspiring to me. But I have to tell you a funny about it. :) Brian and I were discussing something in the car, I can't remember what, and I said, "I'm about to do better about that." Brian: "What? What do you mean?" Me: "You know, stuff. I'm making New Years Resolutions you know." Brian: "Oh yeah? What's your resolution?" Me: "I'm gonna. . . um. . . Get On Top of Things. You know, Figure it all Out. Pull Myself Together." Silence. More silence. Brian: "Babe, I don't think that's a very SMART goal." Me: "Smart? Why not?" Brian: "S.M.A.R.T. You know. . . Specific. Is it specific? Nope. Sorry. Measurable. Uh, again, nope. Attainable. Is "getting on top of things" really attainable? Probably not. Realistic. Moving on. . . um. . . Tangible. How will you know if you're On Top of Things?" Silence again. Me: "Yeah, maybe I should choose another resolution." HA!!!!

After giving it some thought, I realized that setting the goals of Getting On Top of Things, Figuring it All Out, and Pulling Myself Together are probably setting myself up for failure in a major way. :) So I started thinking of some more specific things. I have some books I want to read this year, which I will write about later. Some health changes I would like to make, which I will write about as well. In fact I may have a whole set of blogs about all the goals. Because like I said, I really do like making goals. But then God all but audibly spoke to me in the Christmas Day worship service. It wasn't even relevant to what Bro. Jimmy was preaching about, but during his sermon, I heard God say, "Seek Me this year. Each day. Like, don't let the day end without seeking Me and finding Me. I promise in My Word that I WILL be found by you if you seek Me with all your heart. So, seek Me out and meet with Me every day this year. Can you imagine how I can change you if we meet 365 times this year? If you see Me clearly and hear from Me 365 times?" Wow.

So first and foremost, my goal this year is to not let a day go by without seeking His face. I can only imagine what He can do through me if I meet with Him 365 times. How will He change me? What will I learn? Exciting stuff. I decided to start today. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment