Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Some Stuff that is The Bomb

Everyone in my high school said something was "the bomb" when it was especially good. It kind of stuck with me. Only, I didn't say it at the time because that was a "Hartselle thing", and I dated a football player from Decatur. Decatur to me was like Hollywood or some glamorous European place. Saying "They don't say that in Decatur" was just like saying, "The cool people in Europe don't say that", so since Decatur people didn't say it, I tried not to either. In retrospect, Hartselle was WAY cooler than Decatur. But I digress. . .

This year I have discovered some things that are particularly "the bomb". Item #1: Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap.
It's shampoo, it's body wash, it's household cleaner. All in one. And it really does clean everything. I especially like the Peppermint scent. It wakes you up in the shower and smells really clean when you wash the walls with it. Yes, it even washes crayon off the walls without scrubbing. This stuff really is magic.

Item #2: Eden Salve.
Ingredients: Echinacea root, comfrey leaf, propolis, plantain leaf, echinacea purpurea, yarrow flower, rosemary leaf, beeswax, pure olive oil, grapefruit seed extract. It's an astringent, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anti-fungal. What can you use it for? EVERYTHING. No joke! I put just a tiny bit on every boo-boo. Cuts, scrapes, insect bites, you name it. It really works!! Overnight. 4 oz and I'm pretty sure we'll still have some when Samuel has his first child. It only takes a little. We've had it for a year and have just brushed the surface- and we use it ALL. THE. TIME. You can get yours today here

Item #3: I don't have a picture for this last one but just trust me, it's totally awesome. My friend Melody told me about it after finding it in Beauty Secrets of the Bible. My face has never been this clear!

Step 1: Grind oatmeal in a burr grinder or coffee grinder. Add equal parts dried goat milk and mix. I call this "Goatmeal". A little goes a long way. I do a lot at a time and put it in something air-tight. Moisten your face, add a little water to this mixture so it becomes a paste, and wash it all over your face. It exfoliates and cleanses GREAT. Rinse it all off with a warm wet rag. Don't dry your face yet. . .

Step 2: Raw Honey. Spread it all over your face. Let it sit for a minute. Raw honey is a natural antibacterial. It cleanses really deep. When you're ready, rinse it off.

Step 3: I usually skip this step because I have oily skin, but the third step is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Again, a little goes a long way. It's a great moisturizer. When my skin gets a little dry in the winter, I use just a tiny bit of Coconut Oil because I have it in bulk. Either one works.

No comments:

Post a Comment