Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Fiddler's Convention

I promised myself I was going to write inspiring stuff on this blog, and I promise I will again soon because God is allowing me to ponder lots of wonderful things in my heart right now, but this is another "look what we did today" post. :)

We went to the Fiddler's Convention in Athens today with our friends Justin and Lauren and their kids. Their son Owen is one of Allie's very best friends. He just gets her. They both love to dig in the dirt, climb trees, play musical instruments, laugh and goof off. Their daughter Anna is one of Maggie's best friends. They love to hold hands, tell secrets, and pretend. :) Brian loves Justin, I love Lauren, it just works. Allie brought her violin and played it several times in between climbing trees with Owen and getting ideas for crafts she wants to make and sell at FC next year. Tonight she even drew up a detailed drawing of the tent she wants to put up next year. And Maggie plans to bring her harmonica next year. :)


I always get inspired at things like Fiddler's Convention. I realize I'm pretty much in survival mode right now, with raising four kids and homeschooling and such, and that's okay. Breastfeeding alone takes up so much of my time!! There will be time in another season for learning new things and gaining skills. With the little time I do have in this season, I want to educate myself as much as possible on all these things that interest me. I want to improve my sewing and breadmaking skills, and learn how to quilt. And I made a new goal today: by this day next year (October 2, 2011), I want to have made my first quilt. It's officially a goal now.  I can't wait to see how it turns out! Go me!

Finally, I came across this picture today when going through the pictures on Brian's phone. It was taken when Rosemary was only a few weeks old and we were cuddling in the bed. I know it's dark, but it's one of my favorite pictures of us. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear. Love the pictures! We've both got seasons on our minds today. Another example of "great minds thinking alike," I suppose. LUV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that picture of you and Rosemary!!

    ReplyDelete