Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Yesterday

So, I had a terrible horrible no good very bad migraine yesterday. It was a royal pain. Allie, being the awesome kid that she is, took such good care of me. She was great. When we got home from Boot Camp at the Y, Rosemary needed to be fed and everyone else was saying they were hungry too. Allie said, "I'll take care of it Momma, you just sit and feed Rosemary, and I will feed everybody else with whatever I can find in the pantry." :) A few minutes later, she brought me a plate of kidney beans, cranberry sauce, and pineapple. (note to self: time to go to the grocery store :)) It was so sweet I just couldn't complain about my lunch of beans and sauce. She also put some crescent rolls in the oven. I was proud of the fact that she could read the instructions on the can and get the oven on the right temperature, etc. However, instead of there being 8 same-shaped crescent rolls, there were like 3 really large ones and about 6 various-sized ones. One was no bigger than my pinky finger. I just couldn't complain. On another day I will show her how they are already sized and cut for you. :)

Later in the day, the kids broke out the water balloons. I sat on the porch with them for a little while and watched. Penelope had never used them before. She picked one up and put it to her mouth like she was going to try to "blow up the balloon", as she had seen us do with balloons before. Only this time, either she squeezed it or bit it, because the balloon popped and water went everywhere!! She looked positively stunned for about 10 seconds. Then she burst into the sweetest fit of laughter I had ever heard. And she reached for another one, hoping to do the same. :) I wish I had had my camera!!

We did get to a little bit of schoolwork at one point. We were discussing the meanings of the words audacious, timid, abolish, and destroy. I asked Allie if there was anything she would like to abolish, and without missing a beat, she said, "Sin." Oh I love that girl. My heart leapt for joy!! Thank you Lord, she is learning something!

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! I love her! I can just picture Penelope. LOL

    ReplyDelete