Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Praying Big

This morning has been wonderful. My dear friend Judy and I went to the Greenway to walk, talk, and pray. We used to do this on a very consistent basis. There was about a year or so that we met at the Greenway at least once a week and prayed as we walked. We prayed for each other, for our church, our mutual friends, family members, everything that was on our hearts. It was such a good time. My prayer life became so fruitful, so vital to life that it was like breathing. Then, Brian and I changed churches, and I started homeschooling so my schedule was different, Judy got pregnant (one of the things we had prayed so fervently for!) so we were just going through different things I guess. Judy came by the other day and remarked that nearly everything we had asked God for during that time, He had granted. Babies were born, relationships were restored, blessings were granted. Amazing things! So, we decided maybe we should start doing it again. :) We met early this morning and pushed our strollers up and down the Greenway while we talked about the things on our hearts and prayed very specifically, very audaciously for each other. I felt God's spirit right there in the midst of us, inclining His ear to us. I was refreshed and reminded of God's graciousness, His kindness, His willingness to grant our petitions. I tend to come with God kind of timidly, kind of like, "Um, God? I know You have been so good to me and have given me way more than I deserve already, so um, I'm sorry but could I ask for one more thing? I mean if You don't want to do this for me it's cool, I understand. . . " Anybody else do that?? Like we're bothering God with our silly requests. But the Bible tells me different:

"Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know." -Jeremiah 33:3

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks the door will be opened. For what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him." -Matthew 7:7-11

"Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God." -Philippians 4:6

Judy and I prayed some pretty big prayers this morning. It is so freeing to come to a Heavenly Father who you know can do anything He pleases, and is pleased with our prayers that honor Him. He can and He will! I'm believing God!

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful to have a friend like that! What an amazing way to pray! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete