Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Having Babies

This picture was taken just a few minutes after Rosemary Rebekah was born. I just love it!! Don't you?

Ever since I was a little girl, I've been fascinated with pregnancy, childbirth, and babies. When I was like 8 or 9 years old, I used to go in my Daddy's study and get out the big World Book encyclopedia collection, find drawings of babies in the womb, and trace them on my paper. I read "What to Expect When You're Expecting" when I was 12. I told everyone that I was going to have 10 kids. When asked what I wanted to be when I grew up, at one point I said that I wanted to be one of those nurses who holds babies up to the window in the hospital nursery. Later I said that I only wanted to be a mommy. It's interesting to me to think about these things that God birthed in my heart from the beginning, how He gave me a longing for children early on, and how He has so graciously granted me four beautiful blessings. I am thankful to Him with every fiber of my being. I wish you could feel the joy that's in my heart when I look at my children. I believe God plants wishes, desires, and longings inside of us so that when He grants them, He gets glory. He gets pleasure in doing us good. I imagine Him looking down and smiling with great pleasure. I will be content with these four, but there is still the longing in my heart for more. I struggle with, is that greedy to want more, or is it God still giving me that desire so that He can fulfill it? Anyone know what I mean? Anyway, I just thought I would share my heart. I love being a mommy!!! Thank You God!!

"For it is GOD who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure." -Philippians 2:13

"Oh Lord, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thoughts afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down; You are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, but behold, o Lord, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, and laid Your hand upon me." -Psalm 139:1-5

1 comment:

  1. I always wanted to be a mommy too! God has blessed me so, and in ways I didn't think.

    ReplyDelete