Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Monday, June 18, 2012

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of firsts: first day of the Real Food Challenge; first birthday for this little guy;
and the first day of the school year for these little people:
I'd say it was a success. I stuck to the challenge for one entire day. :) For breakfast, I juiced carrots and beets and apples. It was actually very delicious. I did the apples first and gave the apple-only juice to my children, and they all asked for more. I drank the entire glass of carrot-beet-apple juice so I'm saying  that's my breakfast fruits and veggies. For lunch, we had grilled cheese and applesauce, so I added some dried apricots for my two fruits. (does applesauce count??) For dinner we had a Bob's Red Mill Veggie Soup with like six different vegetables in it. It wasn't a big hit with the littles, but after dinner we tried Pluots for the first time and they loved them. (Plum/Apricot hybrid. Not sure how you pronounce that word so I call them Plumpricots. :) They all ate them well:
I've got very eager learners who dug right in to the first day of school. Maggie is my firstborn-type. Not actually my firstborn, but definitely fits the mold. Must have everything perfect. She loves to make sure she writes her letters just so, as you can see in the picture of them all doing school. Rosie is my sweetheart that will do whatever you put in front of her as long as you hug and hold her every few minutes. :)
Then you've got Penelope. She's my fast and furious, curious child who is never still. Her mind is always moving faster than everyone else's. She's very tactile and prefers play-doh and building blocks to paper and pencil.  She refuses to just stand and smile when I take her picture. Never a dull moment with Penelope Delia around. :)
So do I look healthier already? Because I think I just look tired. :) I guess since it was a day of firsts, I decided to overachieve. I had had two cups of coffee, spent time with God, run 4 miles, showered and cleaned my room by 7 a.m. this morning. Now it is 9:20 p.m. and I can't keep my eyelids open. 

Happy Monday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment