Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Confession

At our YMCA, when you get a family membership, you are "allowed" to leave your children in the childcare for up to two hours, seven days a week while you work out. I have chosen to commit to one hour, three days a week, and no more. That is enough for me to get a good workout, but not what I would consider excessive. Today however, I decided that after Boot Camp, I would do at least the first few minutes of Zumba as well. I just love Zumba and I've been missing it. A few minutes into Zumba however, I was just really missing my kids. I started to slip out. The girl next to me asked, "Why are you leaving?" to which I replied, "I miss my kids." You would have thought I had two heads! She looked at me like I was crazy! She said, "Wow. I come here every day to get away from mine!"

Maybe I am weird. I LOVE hanging out with my kids. In fact, I can honestly say that my husband and children are my favorite people in all the world to be around. I feel like the luckiest person to be at home with them every day, taking care of them, educating them, just hanging out with them. They are pretty amazing little people. Each one just delights my soul in their own way. And I think they like it too. I mentioned to Allie that after fall break, we'll be doing our Bible study together in the afternoons during the little ones' naps, and I called it Coffee Time. Except I said, you don't have to drink coffee, I know you don't like it. She said, "I'll drink coffee if it means I get to hang out with you, Momma." :) Ahhhhh. . . I just didn't know what I was missing when they were going off to school and I was going off to work. You couldn't pay me enough money to leave my home and let someone else hang with these cool cats every day. I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment