Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

More than I can number

Wow, what an amazing weekend! I would like to say again, as I have so many times on here, that I am crazy abundantly blessed, but that just doesn't seem to cut it. God loves on me in huge and tiny ways, all day, every day. One way He did it this weekend was through watching the fireworks with my precious baby Rosemary. Rosemary has such a sweet disposition. She is always loving on Mommy.

She has been so good with Samuel making his arrival, something I was concerned about since she was a nursling attached to me 24/7 just a few short months ago. She is a Mommy's girl and I was unsure of how she would react to a new baby in town. She has loved on him, sometimes a little too rough but with good intentions :), ever since he came home. Many times when I'm nursing him, she just waddles up to the edge of my lap, lays her head down on my knees and love-pats me.

I was holding but not nursing him when the fireworks began on the Fourth of July, and she came up and did that on the edge of my lap. I nudged Brian, who let me pass Samuel off to him for a few minutes, and pulled sweet Rosie up in my lap. She snuggled up close and watched the fireworks from there, oohing and aahhing and pointing and squealing with delight. I kept kissing the top of her head and hugging her sweet chubby little arms. I was thinking to myself, If I could put fireworks in the sky every night for her, I would in a heartbeat. I love delighting her. And then it hit me, that verse about how even evil parents give good gifts to their children, and how much better the gifts are that our Heavenly Father gives us. My eyes filled up with tears as I remembered the sunset we had just seen in the sky, and how there was an unseasonably cool breeze just in time for enjoying the fireworks.

I watched my other precious children delighting in the fireworks, and smiled at my wonderful husband. My Father loves to delight me, just as I love to delight my children, I thought. And I know it's true because He is constantly delighting me. My prayer is that my eyes will always be open to His blessings, large and small. I may begin a series of posts on keeping my eyes open for these constant delights. I may even change the name and format of the blog to be more of a gratitude journal of sorts. I have a thousand reasons a day to laugh, smile, dance, and rejoice. Some from recent days don't need any words, the pictures say it all.








1 comment: