Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Above Rubies

It felt so good to be back in Sunday school today. I've missed it a lot in the last several months, between bed rest and then Samuel's arrival. There is such a sweet spirit of fellowship in our class. Today we were studying in the book of 2 John, which is really rich. We talked about what the Bible has to say about hospitality. I've been reading through Nancy Campbell of Above Rubies' "The Family Meal Table and Hospitality", a Bible study manual covering everything the Bible has to say about the importance of the family meal and using our homes to extend hospitality to others. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS BOOK. As with all Above Rubies materials, it is completely based on God's Word and His Truth, not on what society believes. It is shocking to me, everytime I dig into issues like hospitality and family time, etc., how even Christian society within the church accepts social norms that are NOT Biblical. Every time I uncover some truth from God's Word I am amazed at the difference between that truth and what is accepted in Christian culture. We settle for so much less than what God wants. So many times either we don't truly know what God's Word says about an issue, or we twist it to fit what we want to believe about it. I know no ministry is perfect, but I have gotten such blessing and encouragement from the Above Rubies ministry and how the teachings do not deviate from God's Truth, even if what they preach is counter cultural, unpopular, and even hated or mocked. You can read daily devotionals at Above Rubies.

Also, I am coordinating an Above Rubies ladies retreat at Shocco Springs this fall. The retreat will be starting Friday, October 21 around 6 p.m. with praise and worship, music from Serene and Pearl,  and a Bible session with Nancy Campbell. Meals and sessions all day on Saturday, with a final worship session on Sunday morning, October 23. I hope you will prayerfully consider going. You WILL be encouraged and challenged by God's Word. You can contact me at jrose0152@yahoo.com for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment