Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

41 Days: Blessingway, Doctor's Appointment, and God's Word

So I made it all three days without the girls! I'm happy to report that Maggie, Penelope and Rosemary are all back safe and sound- and taking naps in their own beds. :) They had a fabulous time at Grandmomma and Grandaddy's house but are so wiped out, they just may sleep awhile. :) Allie will be home from her dad's on Monday and I will finally have all my chickens back in the coop. It will be wonderful.

The Lord has loved on me so lavishly the last few days. Monday night I had another lovely date with my man. We ate at Terra Nova's, watched the sunset again (lately they have been phenomenal!), and watched another really good movie. Some very dear friends threw me a beautiful Blessingway last night, full of encouraging words, laughs, good food and sweet gifts. I am so blessed to have the best girlfriends in the world!


They did some really neat things for me, like write encouraging messages on strips of really pretty paper that they attached to water bottles. So when I'm drinking my water while nursing Samuel, I can read encouraging words, Scriptures, etc. from my favorite people. Jessica had even gotten words from people who couldn't attend the Blessingway that sent me sweet encouragement from afar. Another thing they did was that they each chose a bead or a few beads that would go on a "labor necklace" as sort of encouragement for me during labor with Sam. It turned out so cool and unique!! Check it out:


My friend Sara also gave me this "S" bracelet for "Sam" and made this cute crinkly toy for him:



As if all that weren't wonderful enough, Jessica had printed out little cards with inspiring quotes and Scriptures about motherhood that are just beautiful. We ate salads and fruit and key lime pie and chocolate cake- all my favorites! What a treat!

This morning I had a doctor's appointment. Blood pressure and urine were good, I measured good, and Samuel's heartbeat sounded perfect.  Dr. Kakani thought he was head down, but I talked her into doing an ultrasound (woo hoo for ultrasounds! I love seeing my sweet baby boy!), and the ultrasound revealed that he is breech. Now I am researching ways to turn the baby naturally. I'm praying he turns on his own so we won't have to have a c-section! I've never had to have one and am really hoping for a natural birth. I'm not too worried about it- he's got plenty of time to turn. He looked so sweet! He even has hair, praise the Lord! My babies usually don't have a whole lot of hair. I've been specifically asking God for a head full of dark hair. :) He's definitely growing now that we've reached 34 weeks!


These last few days I have had the privilege of spending lots of time in God's Word. It has been wonderful!! His Word is so rich and full of life. I'm sad that I've been a Christian for 25 years and am just now truly developing a LOVE for His Word. I mean I've always liked to read the Bible, but recently He's given me a passion for His Word that I hope never goes away. He's led me into Isaiah, Jeremiah and Song of Solomon this week. Those are really rich books. I'm going through an in-depth study of the Song of Solomon that is knocking me off my feet. Let me share with you just a few of my favorite verses so far from these books. Enjoy!

"Awake, awake! Stand up, Jerusalem. . . Awake, awake! Put on your strength, O Zion; Put on your beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city! Break forth into joy, sing together, you waste places of Jerusalem! For the Lord has comforted His people, He has redeemed Jerusalem." -from Isaiah 51, 52

"Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love, therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt. O Virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice." -Jeremiah 31:3-4

Song of Solomon, or "Song of Songs" (the ultimate of all songs) comes right after Ecclesiastes, which talks about the life that is "vanity of vanities". Only through intimate, loving relationship with the Father can we go from vanity of vanities to song of songs in our lives. So rich! Check out a few verses from Song of Songs. . .

"Your love is better than wine (or any other earthly joy). . . The King has brought me into His chambers. . . He brought me to His banqueting house, and His banner of me was love. . . My Beloved is mine, and I am His. . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment