Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

98 Days: Some Thoughts

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. He only is my Rock and my Salvation. He is my Defense; I shall not be greatly moved. In God is my salvation and my glory; the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God." -Psalm 62:5-7

I love these verses. Just a little Julie commentary tonight . . . :)
Waiting on God does not mean trying to control something or forcing it to happen and then asking God to bless it. It means simply waiting on HIM to act. Waiting only on HIM, not on some circumstance or person to change. My expectation is from HIM, not from my husband or my children or my best friend or my momma. He is the Rock that I can lean on. He grants me salvation. He defends me. When my expectation is from Him, I am unmovable. He is my glory- I love this because what other things do I try to make my glory? My possessions? My abilities? He alone is my Glory. HE is my Strength and my Refuge. No other person or thing. And the best thing about that? He will never let me down. He is the only thing worthy of my expectations or hopes. He is good, all the time. And as Hannah Whitall Smith said, "When once we are convinced that God is good, then there is nothing left to fear." Amen!

"I will cry unto God most high; unto God that performeth all things for me." -Psalm 57:2

"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me." -Psalm 55:16

"Let all those who seek Thee rejoice and be glad in Thee; let such as love thy salvation say continually, 'The Lord be magnified.'" -Psalm 40:16

"When thou saidst, 'Seek ye My face, my heart said unto Thee, 'Thy face, Lord, will I seek.'" -Psalm 27:8

No comments:

Post a Comment