Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

91 Days: The Hood

I love our neighborhood. We have some really cool neighbors. My next door neighbor Anna Claire is the editor of Growing Up magazine and is hosting a Great Book Exchange April 1-2 to raise money for the March of Dimes in honor of her son Will and in memory of her son Graham, twins born at 28 weeks last May. Our neighbors across the street own Happy Tails Ranch in Hampton Cove and have two little girls that my girls like to play with. They are also expecting a little boy this summer. We have lots of other great children on our street, and some older people that are just fabulous. Everybody is so friendly! I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. Well, as long as we're living in the city limits anyway. :) The only other place I would want to live would be on 40 acres, but we've already addressed that in an earlier blog. :) As long as we live in the city, this is exactly where I want to live. Huge, established trees; cracks in the sidewalks; visible power lines; cute houses and strange houses, big houses and small houses- it's very eclectic. I wouldn't want to live anywhere else in Huntsville. Valley View Terrace ROCKS!

1 comment:

  1. Having a great neighborhood is such a blessing! Good neighbors that you can borrow aluminum foil from when you're out & the store is closed (yes, I've done it), neighbors that watch out for your kids too and at the same time respect each other's privacy is something to be thankful for. We love our little street in the country too!

    ReplyDelete