Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Find us Faithful

Today, like many days, I am in awe of my amazing husband. Last week he stayed up late after working all day to sew a Pocahontas costume for Allie for Halloween (yes, I know, but he is a much better seamstress than I. . . or, uh. . . seamster? I don't know. Anyway he is more skilled at the sewing machine than I. . . for now. :)) During the day when he wasn't busy he and his employees made a train that would transport kids on Halloween night and will now go in our backyard for the kids. They will forever have an awesome train, handmade by their Daddy. And Halloween night was such a thrill! Brian was the best train engineer in the world! The kids loved it! Now he is spending time in the evenings working on a hope chest that we will present to Allie on her 10th birthday. The plan is for each of our girls to get a hope chest on their 10th birthday. I am THRILLED to have a man so skilled and so willing to put his time, energy, and effort into lasting gifts for our girls.

Brian is not only skilled in every craft under the sun, he also has the most amazing heart. He is generous, and faithful, and gives of himself even when it's inconvenient. I thank God for him every day and I pray that our children will learn from him and be like him. I would like nothing better than to give the next generation more people like him. I am so blessed that he is my partner in raising our kids. Thank you Lord!

Sometimes Brian sings random songs while we're riding down the road or cleaning or whatever it is we're doing. A few weeks ago he started singing "Find us Faithful". I hadn't heard that song in years and was so glad he brought it to mind. "Oh, may all who come behind us find us faithful, may the fires of our devotions light their way. . . may the footprints that we leave, lead them to believe, and the lives we live inspire them to obey. . . oh may all who come behind us find us faithful." Yes, Lord. Thank you for the inspiration of a man whose children behind him will most definitely find him faithful. Bless him, Father! I love him so much! And may those who come behind me, find me faithful, too.

1 comment: