Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Getting Things in Order

Still in the process of getting things in order around the Rodgers household. . . it's neat how God gently lays things on our hearts that need improvement in our lives. Whenever it's from God, I can tell because He is kind and loving, not accusing or mean. He graciously leads me in the direction He wants me to go. He's laid it on mine and Brian's hearts to get our home, our schedules, and our finances in order in ways that glorify Him and help our children thrive. And He always provides the means to do it! Toys were taking over the playroom, and I had heard this neat idea years ago to put toys in boxes that you get out at different times. That way they never get tired of seeing the same toys every day. I did it in our playroom: (if you can't read the labels, they are: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Weekend, Outside Toys, Stuffed Animals, and Dolls). Maggie and Penelope have "box time" every day as part of our schedule. They get an hour in the playroom with that day's box. I tried to mix it up and put things in each box that each of them would like. Yesterday they both wanted to play with the Jack and the Box though. :)

I've found that cheapo pre-fold cloth diapers from Wal-Mart work great for both Rosemary and Penelope if they have some sort of cover over them. They especially work great for Penelope. She has already pooped in the potty twice!! I already had the pre-folds because we had tried them once with Penelope; someone loaned me a cover for Rosemary; and another friend gave me training pants for Penelope. God provided! We also turned the top of the chest of drawers we found on the side of the road into a changing table! God provided and we didn't have to spend a dime.
God has also laid it on my heart to be on top of our eating habits. I'm trying bread with whole wheat flour today and seeing how it tastes. :) Hopefully I and the kids will find that it tastes great. :)

And here's a picture of Maggie first thing this morning. I think she's missing her big sister Allie! I sure am! Allie is at her dad's. We all can't wait for her to be home.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the organization! We sort of have that, we have the tubs sorted by toys. ( like trains, dolls, blocks) They fill up an entire closet! Love the cloth diapers! Can't wait for our little one to get here so that I can use cloth!

    ReplyDelete