Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

a thousand lovely things

I have a new goal. I'm going to do 1,000 lovely things. I get this idea from the book In the Arena of the Mind  and from Philippians 4:8 where God tells us to think on things that are lovely. The book goes a step further and talks about taking those lovely thoughts and acting on them, turning them into lovely acts for others. I haven't decided if I'm going to keep a tally on my hand each day, or write them down in a journal to keep track. I'm not going to share most of them here since that would be like doing them to show off. Most of them will only be known by me and the Lord. And I'm not going to count things like washing my husband's clothes, since that comes with the territory of being a wife. Although I might count ironing since God knows that is an especially huge sacrifice on my part. HA! I'm hoping this challenge will get me in the habit of looking for ways to love on others. I've been given so much. So many people have blessed me and done lovely, lovely things for me. It's time to give back.

Day One: 2 down, 998 to go. . . .

1 comment:

  1. This sounds intriguing! I need to go read that chapter. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete