Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Everything Glorious

Music really speaks to me.  I love all types of music, Christian and secular, but I find that it's easier for me to walk in the Spirit when I'm listening to praise and worship. Yesterday at the gym, I was listening to David Crowder Band on Pandora. They were singing a song called "Everything Glorious" that really encouraged me. The lyrics go, "You make everything glorious and I am yours. . . . what does that make me?" It encouraged me so much because I had been so down on myself about my organizational skills (or lack thereof. :)) Try as I might, I just can't seem to get into a routine and things are constantly in disarray around our home. It bothers me because I want to be different. I want the kids to have something engaging and educational to do at all times. I want the playroom and classroom to be orderly. I want to be a glorious example of love and grace in our home. I want to make our home beautiful. And I can't seem to do it!!! There never seem to be enough hours in the day. I have halfway completed projects all over the place. My mind is just so easily distracted and trust me, there are tons of distractions around here. :) So when I heard the words, "You make everything glorious", I was reminded that the Lord was making me glorious, too. It may not look like it, and this project of His won't be completed tomorrow :), but one day it will. Each day He is making me more and more glorious. And I am praying that as He does, He will get the glory. I am telling each of you that if you see anything neat or orderly or "together" about me, it is all God. He will be the One who makes me glorious. Only He.

Sunday we sang "Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus". I LOVE THAT HYMN!!! Especially when it says, "Jesus, Jesus, how I love Him, how I've proved Him o'er and o'er." I am trusting in His promises each day and proving Him over and over. One day I will be a living proof of His glorious work. He guarantees it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment