Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Heart Warmers

My kids have said a few really endearing things lately. Here are some:

Being a stay at home mom, the kids see me a lot with no makeup, no shower, workout clothes, etc. Yesterday after I finally got a shower (in the afternoon), I woke Maggie up from her nap and she looked at me really closely and said, "Mommy, you are so pretty." :) You know that came from the heart. Two year olds tell the truth.

We have been studying verses from the Bible, especially Proverbs, about the benefits of hard work. One the other day said that "all hard work leads to a profit". Out of the blue, Allie said, "Momma, I have a feeling we're gonna be really, really rich one day." I asked why, and she said, "Because you work triply hard." :)

Maggie loves Frosty the Snowman. A few minutes ago as she and Penelope were awaking from their naps, I heard a snot-nosed sore throat Maggie say, "Frosty Snowman. . . button nose. . . thumpy thump thump. . . Frosty go!!!" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment