16) "For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind." -2 Timothy 1:7. Wondering if something you're feeling is from God? Does it induce fear? Then it's not from Him. Does it bring power? Love? A sound mind? Probably from God.
17) For a few years, I've been reading a chapter of Proverb each day that corresponds to the day of the month. So I read Proverbs 15 on the 15th, etc. Yesterday's Proverb had a lot to say about words. That our words should be soft (vs 1), wise (vs 2), wholesome, life-giving words (4), knowledgeable words (vs 7), pure, pleasant words (vs 26), and what I call "kairos" words (vs 23). These are words spoken at just the right time. Kairos is the Greek word for God's time, as opposed to the "chronos" time we live in. God's Spirit moves us to say kairos words. Our words without His Spirit are just chronos. More on kairos vs chronos later, but along with the words theme, Colossians says to "let your speech be seasoned with grace." That word "logos" means utterances which begin in the mind and heart. The word "charis" means joy, thankfulness, benefit, blessings, kindness. Let your LOGOS be always with CHARIS.
18) Brian and I have been taking charge of our health these days. We saw our very favorite Dr. Linda Jarvis (on Slaughter Rd! go see her!) for an overall checkup using a thermography and BTA (saliva, urine analysis) on both of us. Come to find out, I suffer from adrenal fatigue and low thyroid. I have the cells of a 77 year old. Seriously! The good news is, I can become younger on a cellular level and improve both my adrenal and thyroid function. I'm on a whole bunch of supplements and vitamin C and Gingko, and I am already feeling better. Anyone knows more about naturally improving your adrenals, let me know!
19) I'm also on a liver support supplement. Talking with a friend who had done some research on the mind-body connection, I found out that trouble with the liver is related to storing up bitterness. No wonder God's Word says in Ephesians 4:31 to get rid of all bitterness! God always leads us to paths of healing.
20) We've also been using homeopathy with the kids. We got this family kit that has remedies for the top 30 typical family ailments: cold/flu, allergies, stomach upset, insect bites, etc. It's amazing to me that these remedies and prevention techniques came from things that God gave us in the garden. Again, His ways are ways of health.
21) Did you know that the pomegranate has exactly 613 seeds? And there are exactly 613 levitical laws in the OT? Did you know that male seahorses give birth and not female? Did you know that Benjamin Rush was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence and he was totally brilliant? Oh, the things you learn when you homeschool. I feel like I am the student too.
More later. . .