Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Friday, January 6, 2012

Happy Joy Germ Day!

Thanks to Aunt Laura and the book Every Day a Holiday, we were able to celebrate Drinking Straw Patented Day earlier in the week with straw races and chocolate milk. :) Today we celebrated Joy Germ Day, which is actually Sunday, but we wanted to start a little early. :) The concept is that you spread joy all day long like a germ. When I asked the girls this morning what we could do to spread the joy, Maggie said, "With a smile!" I thought that was pretty profound. Smiling is the easiest, most affordable and effective way to spread joy to others. So we've been smiling at everyone we see. :) Luckily today was also crazy beautiful outside- 67 sunny degrees- so we spent a lot of time outside. We had a picnic in the front yard, after which the girls entertained Sam and me with an impromptu circus. Here's my beautiful Allie doing the tightrope:

She and I both LOVE spring-like days we sometimes enjoy here in Alabama in January. :)

God has been blessing Brian with lots of new work this week. He always provides! He has been so good to us! We got the weekly groceries tonight, and went on a special family dinner to 88 Buffet. Our children LOVE Chinese buffets. They eat lots! We definitely get our money's worth! While we were eating, we had two different people come up to us and tell us how beautiful our children were. One lady actually commented that my children were extremely well-behaved! Whew! What a relief to hear. God knew I needed that boost today. Some days I wonder if our tedious, laborious work with our children is paying off at all. Thank the Lord, we spread a little joy at the Chinese restaurant. And got some joy in return from total strangers.

In honor of Joy Germ Day, I'm hoping to add a playlist with a few songs that make me extremely happy. If you don't like music, you can turn it off. Otherwise, enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying the book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Aunt Linda also commented on your children's good behavior on Christmas night. That made me smile a lot.

    ReplyDelete