Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

14 Days: Crowned with Lovingkindness



Bless the Lord, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits: who forgives all your iniquities, who heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies." (Psalm 103:1-4).
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. -Psalm 68:19

I am reminded today that God continually crowns me with His lovingkindness and tender mercies, and daily loadeth me with benefits. Just look at that precious child's laughter. The fact that I get to be Maggie's mommy today and every day, is God's lovingkindness toward me. Every time I hear "Mommy" out of her mouth, I am crowned. Every time Penelope says, "I lub you", I am crowned. :) Every time Allie wants to hang out and chat with Mom, I am crowned. Every time Rosemary holds her arms out and takes a few wobbly steps toward me, I am crowned. Every evening that Brian's truck pulls into the driveway and God has kept him coming home safely to me another day, I am crowned. Every time he comes in the door with a smile or hug or kiss for me, I am crowned. The Lord doesn't just throw out benefits every now and then, He LOADS ME DOWN with benefits. Bless the Lord, O my soul!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure your Dad will love a copy of this picture for Father's Day . . . or for 4th of July . . . or for Arbor Day. Ha! Any occasion would be suitable.

    ReplyDelete