Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Saturday, January 1, 2011

My One Little Word for 2011

Can you guess what all these words have in common?


They are all words that I considered for my "one little word for 2011". I got the grand idea from my friend Jamie's blog I was so inspired that I took all day mulling over different words that I would like to define 2011. And the word I ultimately chose was. . . . FRUITFUL.

Here are a few of the reasons why.
"Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it. . . " -Genesis 1:27
"Your wife shall be like a fruitful vine in the very heart of your house. . . " -Psalm 128:3
"The righteous shall flourish like a palm tree, He shall grow like the cedar in Lebanon. Those who are planted in the house of the Lord, Shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall bear fruit in old age; they shall be fresh and flourishing." -Psalm 92:12-14
"I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing. . . . by this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit. . . "-John 15:5,8
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self control." -Galatians 5:22-23

There are many other applications that I'm sure will pop up this year. I love the imagery of fruitfulness. Jesus uses the image of gardens and growth and fruit often in His Word. My prayer for 2011 is that our family will be fruitful and flourishing and ever growing in Him.

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment