Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Friday, December 3, 2010

My house smells so good right now. . .

Allie and I made several pomanders over the last few days out of apples, oranges and lemons. They smell so cinnamon-y and clove-y! Yum!!

While in the artsy-fartsy mood, I made a centerpiece of cranberries and rosemary that also smells wonderful. . .


Then we clipped greenery from my friend Melissa's cedar tree and beautiful red berries from our yard that we're going to make into a wreath. . .


Finally we made fresh whole wheat bread and coconut granola that's wafting through the house smelling delicious. :)

My house also looks inviting now with some new throws. I found the top one at Ayer's Farmer's Market for $15 (score! I LOVE it!), and the other one was given to me by my grandmother over the weekend. Her mother in law, Ola Mae Stewart, who was my great-grandmother, made it as a wedding gift to my grandparents. Now I can cherish it and display it in my house. Awesome!!


1 comment:

  1. I love the quilt! Glad Grannie took such good care of it. I know you'll enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete