Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vision

Allie is at her dad's this week for Thanksgiving. I know she is having a wonderful time with her dad and new stepmother, and enjoying time off from homeschool, but I miss her dearly. I keep praying for her and asking God to bring her home safely. . . and SOON!! :)

Since I have the week "off" from schooling, I decided to get caught up on some things that were behind. (since, you know, I only have three children to look after this week ;)) The list includes things like cleaning up the playroom and classroom, paying and filing bills, mending clothes, painting a windowpane frame for a new craft project, starting on my quilt, scrapbooking, and completing lesson plans for the first semester. Stuck in the middle of my to-do list is "Ask God for a fresh vision in my mothering and homeschooling, and LISTEN to what He says."

Sometimes listening is the hardest part. It's easy to check items off a list and stay busy. It's a great feeling to get lots accomplished and brag about it at the end of the day. :) But why is it that listening to God can be so difficult?? I've committed to not turning on the radio or television while marking off my to-do list, but to spend that time praying and listening for a response from God. Already He has been faithful to reveal some real truths to me. Yesterday He very plainly said, "Your number one goal in mothering is to ground your children in TRUTH. Love them, play with them, teach them things like Math and Language, but most of all teach them TRUTH from My Word. That is so much more important than any other thing you can do." SO. My goal now? Keep reading them the Bible every day. Keep having them memorize Scripture every day. Use teachable moments to take them to God's Word for answers every day. Eventually, they will be grounded in truth. That's the goal. And that's vision #1. Thanks God!

I'm all ears for vision #2. . .

1 comment:

  1. I'll join you in prayer for God to continually reveal HIS visions for you and for your family, and I ask that you join ME in asking God to give your Dad and me His dream for this stage of our life.
    Acts 2:17 "And it shall be in the last days, God says, "that I will pour forth of my spirit upon all mankind; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men (and women) shall see visions; and your old men (and women) will dream dreams."

    ReplyDelete