Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Friday, September 10, 2010

Quotes to Encourage You

"Thank God, O women, for the quietude of your home, and that you are queen it it. Men come at eventide to the home; but all day long you are there, beautifying it, sanctifying it, adorning it, blessing it. Better be there than wear a queen's coronet. Better be there than carry the purse of a princess. It may be a very humble home. There may be no carpet on the floor. There may be no pictures on the wall. There may be no silks in the wardrobe; but, by your faith in God, and your cheerful demeanor, you may garniture that place with more splendor than the upholsterer's hand ever kindled." ---Reverend T. DeWitt Talmage, D.D


"At the same time, saith the Lord, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people." -Jeremiah 31:1


A Mother's Version of Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the milk be poured out by the toddler
'Pon the mattress and the floor,
Yet will I praise Him!
Though the cat has dug up the garden
And the ducks have eaten the beans, 
Yet will I praise Him!
Though the water be on the cookbook
And the trays in the oven be burnt,
Though I'm yelling at the children
And the blahs of self-pity knock at my door,
Yet will I praise Him!
For He, yes the Lord, gives me peace,
He lifts me up above the chaos of motherhood,
He gives me grace to smile
And strength to clean up,
He pours out His love upon me
That I might pass it on!
-Karen Goodsell, in an Above Rubies magazine


The only way to keep things perfect in your house is to have no children. But that's boring! And what do you accomplish by having a perfect house with no upsets? All you gain is a perfect house. That doesn't change the world! That doesn't raise godly children who will do mighty things for God. Proverbs 14:4 says, "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean; but much increase is by the strength of the ox." Children bring work- and messes, but also joy, increase, wealthy and growth in character. -Nancy Campbell


Feminine
Equal in Worth but Different in Function 
Maternal 
Anchor
Life-Giver
Enricher, Enabler, Encourager, Enlarger, Energizer


"I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart. I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not fasten its grip on me." -Psalm 101:2-3 NASB


Mama's Apron. . . the icon of industry. . . the armor of the ambitious. . . the uniform of the joyful. . . the tribute of toil. . . the hallmark of the helpmeet. . . the modeling of motherhood. . . the symbol of feminine servitude. . . the emblem of sacrifice and love. -Rebecca Barns, Above Rubies reader


It seems I'm not as put together as I used to be. 
Things have changed a bit since I had these children three.
I don't wear lipstick very much, for I have cheeks to kiss.
I'd rather paint with finger paints than paint my fingertips.
The baby likes to pull my hair, I have to wear it back.
I hope the vacuum makes me strong, 'cuz workout time I lack.
The high-heeled shoes are put away, I might trip on the toys.
And skirts don't work down on the floor while playing blocks with boys.
My dressy clothes are good as gone, since everything gets spit up on.
And half the closet's pregnant clothes, since half the time I'm wearing those.
Jeans and t-shirts are the rule for cleaning, playing, doing school,
A wedding ring and happy smile are all my jewelry for awhile.
And yet when I look in the mirror, I've never looked so good!
Guess nothing ever suited me as well as motherhood!
-Nicole Siddall, Above Rubies reader





No comments:

Post a Comment