Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Grace upon Grace

We went to my parent's new house for dinner last night and had such a wonderful time! Delicious food, awesome fellowship, generous gifts, generations of blessing. My mother has the gift of hospitality and both my parents are so very gracious.  Mom is a great cook! Yum! We had King Ranch Chicken Casserole, salad, garlic bread, and apple dumplins. Mmmm!! My grandmother was visiting there from Montgomery too. I just love my Grannie. She is really talented and smart. It was such a blessing to be there with them, celebrating their new home, enjoying God's gifts to our family. Grannie had brought up a few things from Montgomery for the girls. A ukelele for Allie to play, which she has been playing all day today and already taught herself how to read the music. :) A tape player and several tapes, which is so crazy that she would give that to us because we've been in need of a tape player. I won a tape of Val Hollaran at the Above Rubies retreat- they gave prizes out to moms for different things and I got one for having three children three and under :)- but we couldn't listen to it because we only have CD players. So we've been listening to the beautifully soothing music of Val Hollaran all day. I actually sat by Val and her daughters at the AR conference. She was a really neat person! It's cool to hear her sing on a CD. I feel like I know a celebrity. :) Anyway, my mom gave gifts too. A whole series of Christian fiction by Lori Wick; several Rachel Ray magazines (yes!); new pretty red hand towels, and several other little things that she had around that made her think of me. :) It's been like Christmas morning going through that stuff all day today. I hope I received just a touch of the graciousness of my mom and the thoughtfulness of Grannie.

Anyway, here are a few pictures from the night. All day I've been thanking God for the "grace upon grace" He has shown our family. Thank You Lord!
My dad with the girls


Grannie and me


Mom and me- love you Momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment