Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I Heart Breastfeeding!!

I absolutely LOVE breastfeeding. It's just so natural. It's funny how my body reacts to Rosemary. Everything can be hectic and stressful, and she starts crying and my body gets all tense and rigid and just can't rest until I meet her needs. Then we settle down to nurse, and AHHHH. . . . I relax completely. When the milk lets down, my heart rate slows, my blood pressure calms, and all is right with the world. It is the most amazing feeling in the world. So calming, so relaxing, so beautiful. I love looking down at her and seeing her satisfied face and relaxed body. She puts one hand on her head and one hand on my breast. After a few minutes she reaches the hand that was on her head and tries to touch me somewhere on my face. She loves to put her hands in my mouth and let me suck on them. :) The sound of her sucking is so soothing to me. It really is one of the most amazing experiences I've ever had. I wouldn't trade the time I spend nursing Rosemary for anything in the world. My favorite time is when we can go in my room and shut the door, lay side by side on the bed, and just nurse for as long as we want. There are no words to describe that time. Precious!!

1 comment:

  1. Breastfeeding is so beautiful! I'm so proud of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete