Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Sunday, July 18, 2010

My Dream Life

My dream house would sit in a cove on 40 acres of land, surrounded by beautiful mountains on all sides. It would be a farmhouse style, white with black shutters. A long, winding driveway with trees on both sides would lead up to the big red front door. On that 40 acres we would have: a huge vegetable garden, blueberry and blackberry bushes, peach trees, a field of sunflowers, a greenhouse, a creek, about 5 cows for milk and meat, 10 chickens, 3 pigs, and maybe a couple of goats. Pots of herbs would grow on the wraparound porch, which would also have several swings for rocking kids and grandkids. The house would always smell like something delicious baking in the oven, and would be covered in quilts that I and the girls had made. Brian would have all the tractors his heart could desire. He would have at least two sons to help him work the land.

We might have to end up with 12 kids just to use all the names I like. :) We already have 4 girls, so let's say we had 4 more girls and 4 boys. The other girls would be Caliope, Naphtali, Naomi and Clementine. The boys would be Phineas (we would call him Phin), Samuel (Sam), Maxwell (Max), and Simon. I would get to homeschool all of them, and they could learn all day on our big farm. All our kids would love the Lord and follow Him.

That's my dream!

4 comments:

  1. Mine isn't too far from yours. :) We could be neighbors!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! I want to be a neighbor too! We would have to have a lot of kids to do all the work on the farms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you follow The Pioneer Woman??? You really need too!!!! Check her out at. Www.thepioneerwoman.com. A good place to start is her high heels to tractor wheels love story. Let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your dream! loved your previous post about who you love! I'm with you on the names. I have 2 favorite boy names that I really, really hope to use on twin boys one day. I also have at least two more girl names after Elizabeth! That would mean 9 children altogether!! ha, ha!! maybe in this dream some of our children would wed and we could be in laws! I'm thinking of a match up already, are you?!

    ReplyDelete