Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Artists

http://www.lizanneknott.com/music.html

Click on "Under the Burning Sky" and listen. Wonderful song by a very talented singer/songwriter! I "met" Lizanne about two years ago on Myspace. I heard her on XM radio and loved her music so I went home and found her online. I sent her a message, and we became "pen pals" for a little while. I had just had a miscarriage and she was so encouraging. She too is a mother of daughters. She sent me her signed CD "Under the Burning Sky" in the mail for free!!

I'm not musically talented enough to ever be a singer/songwriter myself, but I have a lot of respect for people who are. It's a real talent and takes a lot of intelligence, hard work, and courage. I think it's important to support local artists and musicians when we can. If you get a chance, go to the Thursday night Art Stroll Around the Square in downtown Huntsville. It's a family-friendly event and a chance to see some of our best local artisans.

No comments:

Post a Comment