Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Monday, May 3, 2010

More Awesomeness and Little "Happies"

I told you I have really awesome friends. Well there have been at least two more instances of awesomeness this week that are blog-worthy. :) My friend Paige called one day last week and caught me in a moment of stress. She suggested that I start trying to do something for 15 minutes every day that made me happy. WHAT GREAT ADVICE! I took Zumba one day (more than 15 minutes so that could technically count for like 4 days of happiness :)), took time out to ride the rope swing in the backyard another day (woot!), and stopped by Angel's Island Coffee (my favorite place in Huntsville) another day. Thanks for that, Paige! I love you!! THEN, my friend Cathryn, whom I don't see nearly often enough, wrote that she was missing me and we needed to get together. My wonderful husband Brian watched the kids while Cathryn and I met for dinner tonight. It was so good to catch up with Cat and laugh, laugh, laugh. It was a blast. Thank you Cathryn for getting me out of the house!!

It has been so nice to find little happies here and there. I've found that it doesn't have to be anything expensive or extravagant. I'm pretty easy to please. :) Even taking pictures of my kids, writing a blog, reading "Anne of Green Gables" aloud to Allie, have been happy moments. Psalm 103 says that God fills our lives with good things. How very true. He has filled my life with many, many good things. I am blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment