Just the Nine of Us

Just the Nine of Us

Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blessings

These last few weeks have just been such a blessing. I believe the verse in the Bible that says that God will supply all of our needs according to His riches in glory, but over the last few weeks He has supplied not only all of my needs, but so many of my wants, too. I'm beginning to believe what the Bible says, that He really does want to bless us. He stands ready to bless faith and obedience. We don't have to do anything outstanding to receive the blessing, just believe Him and obey Him.

If you read my earlier blog, there was a lady at our church who offered me a guest pass to a consignment sale where I was able to clothe my three children for the foreseeable future and not break the budget. Blessing #1. Shortly thereafter, another dear friend of mine actually offered to do some shopping for me at another consignment sale, and she got great bargains for us. Blessing #2. That same friend loaned me tons of maternity clothes and a massage chair/recliner for me to prop up my feet in. Blessing #3. I've been reading several books that have encouraged me in my walk and, more specifically, in my call to homeschool- I don't remember the authors but they have been "Pray Big For Your Child", "Homeschooling with a Meek and Quiet Spirit" and "Believing God". Blessing #4. Speaking of books, my mom was telling me about a series of fiction books by a Christian author about an Amish girl's life, and I've been wanting to read them, but not sure if I should go out and spend the money on them. She's graciously letting me borrow her copies of the books. Blessing #5. I haven't had to cook in three days because my parents took us out on Thursday night, we double-dated with Rich and Linda Friday night, and tonight our friends Glen and Amanda had us over to their house for dinner. Blessing #6. I've been praying for some specific Scriptures/promises I can claim for our family, and God has given them to me. Blessing #7.

I don't want to sound like I think God is a genie in a bottle, waiting to grant my wishes. I know He is not and would never EVER want to think of Him in that role. "He is in Heaven, and He does whatever He pleases." But I have felt "delighted in" by God these last few weeks. He is good and gracious, all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment